Go on Birthright Israel with Claremont Hillel!
Join Jewish students from around the world and travel to Israel for FREE! Birthright Israel is a unique, all expenses paid trip to Israel for 18-26 year old Jewish young adults. See all of the sights of Israel, from the Sea of Galilee to the Western Wall.
Birthright Israel: Hillel trips connect Jewish students to their Jewish journey and identities, to Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people, and, upon return, to their Jewish communities. Students are led through Israel by Jewish professionals and will experience Jewish history and Israeli culture through unforgettable tours, hikes, and unique activities.
For more info and to apply go to Hillel’s Taglit-Birthright Israel website.
REGISTRATION OPENS: JAN 28 FOR SUMMER 2019
- Departing from LAX on Sunday 05/26/2019 and return to LAX on Thursday 06/06/2019, flying El Al Israel Airlines
How to Register:
- Register at https://www.freeisraeltrip.org/claremont.
- Fill out Part I of the application and submit a $250 refundable deposit. For Trip Selection, choose “Campus Trip” and select Claremont Hillel.
- Click the link to confirm your email address in the email from Birthright Israel. Within 24–48 hours, you’ll receive an email from Hillel International with a link to Part II of your application, which includes health and medical information, roommate requests, and passport information.
- Sign up for a 30-minute one-on-one chat with Rabbi Danny Shapiro . This allows us to get to know you, determine eligibility, and gives you the chance to ask questions.
- With approval from Hillel and your refundable deposit paid, you are off to Israel
Questions? Contact Rabbi Danny Shapiro:
*This trip is a gift from Birthright Israel.
Taglit-Birthright Israel is an innovative partnership between the people of Israel through the Government of Israel, private philanthropists through the Birthright Israel Foundation and Jewish communities around the world (North American Jewish Federations, Keren Hayesod, and the Jewish Agency for Israel).
Hebrew Table at Oldenborg, Pomona College
Every Tuesday Lunch – Noon – 1PM. Oldenborg Center at Pomona welcomes you to join its foreign-language lunch tables. Enjoy lunch and converse in foreign languages at tables mentored by native speakers. More info on their website