Queer, Questioning, and Allied Mentor Program (QQAMP)
The Queer and Questioning Mentor Program (QQMP) consists of students from the seven Claremont Colleges who identify with the LGBTQIA+ (e.g., lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, asexual/agender) community. QQMP mentors are trained to provide support and informed guidance on any queer-related issue, including, but not limited to:
- Self acceptance as an LGBTQIA+ community member or any other identity associated with the community
- Coming out to friends, family, faculty, staff, etc.
- Finding resources at the college, local, and national levels
- Learning what it means to be a good ally to the queer community
- Working through confusion about sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- Meeting other queer, questioning, and allied students on the campuses and in the surrounding community
- Understanding how sexual orientation and/or gender identity intersect with other aspects of identity, including race, sex, religion, physical ability, culture, class, etc.
As a mentee in the program, you will have one-on-one interaction with your mentor(s), as well as the opportunity to participate in events and meet more people within the program and the wider queer community of the Claremont Colleges. The role of a QQMP mentor is primarily to welcome them into the Claremont community and provide them with opportunities to become involved in the queer community, through programming and developing personal relationships. Given the nature of the program, involvement in QQMP is kept confidential.
If you wish to apply to be a mentee, submit a QQMP Mentee Application. Please note, the application you submit is confidential and will only be read by the QQMP Head Mentors and the mentor(s) you are matched with. Any 7C student of The Claremont Colleges can apply to be a mentee.
If you wish to apply to be a mentor, submit a QQMP Mentor Application. Please note, the application you submit is confidential and will only be read by the QQMP Head Mentors. Any 7C student of The Claremont Colleges can apply to be a mentor.
If you have any questions, please contact the 2018-2019 QQMP Head Mentors, Fean Ndukwu (KGI Graduate Student and QRC Graduate Assistant) and Sarah Varenhorst (PO Student and QRC Student Associate) at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you all!