The Wix Editor comes with a standard suite of editing and navigation tools.
Standard Editing Mode for a blank template.
The Preview option at the top right will allow you to view your site as a visitor would see it (either on a desktop or on mobile). Be sure to click Save, also located at the top right, every so often so that you are saving your edits.
On the left, there is a menu that reflects more of the higher-level, overview information of your website.
- Menus & Pages shows the full blueprint of your site. It will list your Homepage, Pages, and Subpages. It will also show you the Menu(s) for navigating your Homepage and other Pages. A main site Menu should be embedded in each Homepage, and you can add Menus for other Pages if necessary. Note that you’ll want a Page to have a Menu if it hosts other Subpages. (See Basic Layout & Routes of a Website figure for reference.)
- Background allows you to edit the background of any given page.
- Add allows you to add a text, image, video, etc. component to a page.
- Add Apps allows you to add links to other apps or embed a third-party app like Facebook, Instagram, etc. to a given page.
- Media allows you to upload your own photos/videos that you’d like to use on your site, browse Wix’s stock media, and edit any of the photos/videos that you want to use. Note that it is helpful to upload all of the videos/images that you want to use for your site at once. This will help you navigate easily through the Media tab on the menu, and you won’t have to upload something each time you want to use it.
- Start Blogging is an analytics tool to help grow your audience. Some basic analytics are built in to your free site; more detailed information about who is visiting and interacting with your site is available for a fee.
You’ll also be able to choose the basic organization of your site. Your Homepage, Pages, and Subpages can all be managed through the Menus & Pages tab. The number of Pages and Subpages can be tailored to fit the needs of your project.
To edit features of your site, click any aspect of your site in the editor and you will be prompted to edit that particular section, text, image, etc.
When editing a blank template, click anywhere to begin editing.
Click anywhere on the background and you will be prompted to change the background.
Click any text overlay and you will be prompted to change the text.
Editing Tool Bar.
When you begin editing, the Editing Tool Bar will appear. The Editing Tool Bar will allow you to copy/paste, delete, rotate, arrange, & resize content a Page. For help navigating the Editing Tool Bar, click the small question mark at the top left corner.