January, 22 2021 Update
All of our Spring 2021 programs will be online including Passover. Despite the pandemic, students at The Claremont Colleges will be able to count on Hillel to provide a welcoming and vibrant Jewish community. Please be sure to sign up for our mailing list to stay updated on all our events and programs. Also fill out the Purim and Passover Box form to receive special holiday packages. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Rabbi Danny with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the scheduling app to set an online meeting.
July 28, 2020 Update
All of our Fall 2020 programs will be online including the High Holy Day Services. Despite the pandemic, students at The Claremont Colleges will be able to count on Hillel to provide a welcoming and vibrant Jewish community. Please be sure to sign up for our mailing list to stay updated on all our events and programs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Rabbi Danny with any questions at email@example.com or use the scheduling app to set an online meeting.
June 2020 Update
Unrelated to Covid-19, our office is closed for the summer. You will see fewer posts and messages from us during this time. Rabbi Danny will continue to have Zoom availability for current/incoming/prospective students or other urgent matters. Please do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the scheduling app to set an online meeting.
We are planning various scenarios for our fall programs and especially our High Holiday observances. It is still too early for definitive plans, but we should all be prepared for a significantly different experience. Our services and programs will likely be online or partially online with severely limited in-person gatherings. We will continue to adhere to the college’s restrictions and follow all relevant government and public health guidelines. We will post more information about the Fall Semester and High Holidays as we know more.
March 2020 Update
We are here to support you wherever you go as we all face new challenges around COVID-19 and the announcement that the colleges will transition to online instruction. Although Hillel and the Chaplaincy are suspending all in-person activities, we are working to create virtual spaces for community, learning, and support. Here is what is in the works and other important information:
- As of writing, Rabbi Danny will remain on campus and available to students at least through the end of the move-out period on March 18th.
- Schedule a Zoom meeting with Rabbi Danny for support or to just chat (or even to just test out your webcam). Visit the scheduling app, email or call (909) 621-8824 to set an appointment. If time zones are complicated, be in touch and we can work something out.
- Drop-in office hours and pre-Shabbat gathering and blessing via Zoom will be announced.
- Submit a loved one to our virtual Mi Sheberach (prayers for healing) or Kaddish (remembrance) list.
- Online learning will be announced including “How to Celebrate Passover Anywhere”, “How to Lead Passover Seder – even if it’s your first time”, and the continuation of “Religion and Politics at the Lunch Table” in a revised online format. Rabbi Danny will adjust learning based on interest and demand.
- Curated resources and online learning opportunities will be shared via e-mail and Facebook.
- Students that are granted an exemption to remain on campus should let Rabbi Danny know, so he can stay in touch.
- Graduate students with any additional religious needs should be in touch with Rabbi Danny. If you think you will be looking for a Passover Seder, or be able to offer to host other students, please let Rabbi Danny know as soon as possible.
Amid the uncertainty of this moment, Hillel remains a dependable presence for all of our students. We are here for you. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions on how we can best live out our commitment to you.