The Claremont Colleges’ Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- MMUF Academic Research Orientation: In May, following the completion of their sophomore year, the newly selected Fellows will participate in a 3-day academic research and leadership orientation in Claremont which includes workshops on research and writing, time management, graduate school and navigating future academic careers.
- Two Summers of Funded Research: During the summers as rising juniors and seniors, Fellows will receive $3,900 per summer to participate in a structured summer research program (rising juniors and seniors) or work independently with a faculty research mentor (rising seniors).
- Two Years of Funded Academic Year Research: During the junior and senior years, Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in funded academic year research with their faculty research mentors. Fellows will receive $3,600 per academic year. The purpose of the funding is to facilitate the Fellow’s research activity by relieving the need to undertake other work responsibilities.
- MMUF Academic Research Seminar: During the junior and senior years, Fellows will be enrolled in a weekly MMUF seminar for credit, which will feature faculty speakers, workshops, research presentations, grant application and graduate school preparation, and more.
- MMUF Graduate Network: Upon graduation, you become eligible to be a part of the MMUF Graduate Network that offers a host of opportunities – including conferences, workshops, and funding – to support your graduate and professional career in academia. Loan Forgiveness: Fellows are eligible for up to $10,000 for the repayment of undergraduate loans, provided they pursue graduate study in a Mellon-eligible field or discipline. Undergraduates interested in law, medicine, business or other professions are not eligible for this program.