left-arrowleft-arrowright-arrowleft-arrowAsset 9

Name Change at Harvey Mudd College

While your legal name cannot be changed except by court order, it is possible to have your preferred name appear on class rosters, on Sakai, and in your email username.  To request a preferred name, visit the HMC Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office will add your preferred name to the HMC student information system and communicate your request to Information Technology Services and other administrative offices. Updates typically take about two weeks to process.  Please be mindful that your name appears in many places, and your legal name is the default for official College records, including your transcript. If you have questions or problems in requesting a preferred name please stop by the Registrar’s Office or send an email to registrar@hmc.edu to make an appointment.


Harvey Mudd College has gender-neutral housing that is available. There are single rooms available for first-year students. Please contact Chris Sundberg, Assistant Dean for Residential Life to find an option that works for you.