left-arrowleft-arrowright-arrowleft-arrowAsset 9

Keck Graduate Institute

Name Change at Keck Graduate Institute (KGI)

Academic records are legal documents with financial, professional, and other critical implications. Your legal name appears in all official Institute records, including your transcript. If you are a current student, you may change your legal name only by providing official documentation of the change. Acceptable documentation includes a government-issued identification card containing your photograph and new name, a court order stipulating the change, and other legal action.

In addition to a legal name, our student records capture a “preferred name,” which can be used for your student portal, on course management and electronic collaboration systems, on class and grade rosters, for the Institute’s e-mail system, and for other general and daily purposes.

To avoid confusion with third parties, such as government entities and potential employers, please remember that regardless of any chosen name you may have on file at KGI, your legal name will always appear on official Institute records.

Requests to change any of your personal information in the Institute’s records must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Please allow one week processing time for name changes to be reflected on Institute systems. Questions about this process may be directed to the Registrar’s Office at registrar@kgi.edu or by phone at (909) 607-0109.


Keck Graduate Institute currently does not offer housing at this time. To identify housing options, please refer to CUC Real Estate Housing Referral Service.