Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Resources
Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Resources
- Asian/Pacific Gays and Friends: AP/GF is an non-profit, social and educational group established for gay Asians and friends who share an interest in Asian cultures and experiences. A/PGF’s primary purpose is to provide a supportive environment where the interaction between members is enjoyable, safe and enriching.
- Asian Pacific AIDS Intervention Team: An organization whose mission is to positively impact the quality of life for medically underserved communities living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS and other health disparities through culturally competent and linguistically appropriate programs in Southern California.
- Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc.: APHCV strives to provide quality medical and wellness services in a caring and considerate manner. We focus on our Los Angeles County communities and offer care in several different languages, including Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and others. We work to maximize your insurance plans and offer financial arrangements for patients who may require assistance with their medical health and wellness expenses.
- Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women & Transgender Community: APIQWTC provides opportunities for Asian & Pacific Islander queer women and transgender people to socialize, network, build community, engage in inter-generational organizing, and increase community visibility.
- San Francisco Community Health Center: An LGBTQ and people of color health organization that transforms lives by advancing health, wellness, and equality.
- Barangay Los Angeles: For over 20 years this organization has brought together LGBTQ Filipinos throughout Los Angeles. This organization has not only been about bringing people together but also creating a safe space outside of their homes.
- Dari Project: A volunteer-led, grassroots organization that develops resources to increase awareness and acceptance in Korean American communities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people of Korean descent.
- GABRIELA Los Angeles: Formerly known as SiGAw, GABRIELA LA strives to build a strong Filipina women’s mass movement, recognizing that the problems of the Filipina diaspora are linked to the root problems of the Philippines.
- API Equality: A statewide collaboration of API Equality – LA and Northern California-two of the leading organizations advocating and organizing for fairness and equality in the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) communities.
- The Gay and Lesbian Vaishnava Association: A nonprofit religious organization offering positive information and support to LGBTI Vaishnavas and Hindus, their friends, and other interested persons. GALVA-108 is an international organization dedicated to the teachings of Lord Caitanya, the importance of all-inclusiveness within His mission, and the Vedic concept of a natural third gender.
- The Malaya Project: Photographer Deney Tuazon and filmmaker Gregory Pacificar, come together to create The Malaya (Free) Project. A photography project highlighting the lives of various proud gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer Filipino/as.
- Satrang: A cultural, social, and support organization providing a safe space to empower and advocate for the rights of the South Asian LGBTIQQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Intersex, Queer and Questioning) community in Southern California through education, networking, and outreach. Satrang works toward ending gender and sexuality based prejudice.
- The Asian American Psychological Association LGBTQ AAPI Resources:The mission of the Asian American Psychological Association is to advance the mental health and well-being of Asian American communities through research, professional practice, education, and policy.
- It Gets Better Resources for AAPI LGBTQ+ Communities:To our AAPI family — you are loved. Be strong and know that there are people and organizations fighting tooth and nail every single day to protect your rights and support your safety. The It Gets Better Project will be by your side as we continue to fight for a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to live equally and know their worthiness and power as individuals.
- DEHQ Desi LGBTQ+ Helpline: We are trained South Asian LGBQ/TGNB+ peer support volunteers. Call or write us with questions, concerns, struggles, and hopes. It’s always free — and 100% confidential.