The Office of Consortial Academic Collaboration works to develop and maintain effective, efficient, sustainable, and enduring cross-campus academic collaborations among The Claremont Colleges.
In order to advance the core academic missions of the colleges, two principles guide our work: (1) Do together that which either cannot be achieved alone or would be more stunning if done together; and (2) Do together that which does not differentiate among our institutions.
This work serves three primary goals:
- To support the development of cross-campus programs and initiatives that benefit faculty, students, and other College stakeholders.
- To cultivate cross-campus curricular coherence.
- To foster cross-campus research collaborations.
- Secure sustainability for Justice Education and withdraw OCAC support ~summer 2020.
- Decide on the focus of the next OCAC initiative.
- Assess OCAC’s success in supporting and developing cross-campus collaborative academic programs, research collaborations, and infrastructure, and ascertain what are the key qualities of successful collaboration (muscle and methodology) in order to share and build upon those qualities.