The Intercollegiate Feminist Center for Teaching, Research and Engagement offers programs, resources and support for students, faculty and staff interested in feminism and gender issues, as well as those active in women’s, gender and feminist studies at the Claremont Colleges. We sponsor and co-sponsor lectures, symposia, workshops, conferences, and community-building events. We offer:
• A lending library with books and films, as well as senior theses and magazines, open daily for browsing or studying
• An events calendar of feminist/gender/women’s studies at the Claremont Colleges and the surrounding area
• A list of Women’s Studies courses offered each semester, with detailed descriptions
• Monthly networking lunches for students on specific themes
• An up-to-date list of conferences and calls for proposals and papers
The IFC Steering Committee includes one or more faculty representatives from each of the undergraduate colleges and several students representatives.
The IFC offices and library are located in Vita Nova Hall at Scripps College. Our hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. Please drop by to visit!
GroundSpark Respect for All Project has partnered with GLSEN for Ally Week, September 25 – 29, 2017, to make their award-winning documentary, Straightlaced—How Gender’s Got Us All Tied Up available to stream for free for the last two weeks of September. Straightlaced, which explores the pressures that ALL teens face when it comes to dealing with gender norms and sexuality, is the perfect tool for sparking dialogue and community action around these issues.
The Dean’s Action Committee on Diversity and Inclusivity has created a Library Guide of Information Resources on DACA. Included are sections describing the program; services and organizations that provide support for those affected by its rescission; responses to the recent decision from The Claremont Colleges’ senior administrations and higher education in general; links to trustworthy information resources related to immigration and education; and events and webinars of potential interest to users.