Intercollegiate Feminist Center for Teaching, Research and Engagement
The Intercollegiate Feminist Center for Teaching, Research and Engagement offers programs, resources and support for students, faculty and staff interested in feminism and gender issues, as well as those active in women’s, gender and feminist studies at the Claremont Colleges. We sponsor and co-sponsor lectures, symposia, workshops, conferences, and community-building events. We offer:
• A lending library with books and films, as well as senior theses and magazines, open daily for browsing or studying
• A website with many resources and an events calendar for the Claremont Colleges
• A list of Women’s Studies courses offered each semester, with detailed descriptions
• Monthly networking lunches for students on specific themes
• An up-to-date list of conferences and calls for proposals and papers.
The IFC Steering Committee includes one or more faculty representatives from each of the undergraduate colleges and several students representatives.
The IFC offices and library are located in Vita Nova Hall at Scripps College. Our hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. Please drop by to visit!