Print Lab Proctor Hours + Open Hours
Print Lab: Proctor Hours / Appointment Booking
Students are able to sign up for Proctor hours to get trained so they can use the Print Lab by themselves. Each session has a time of 2 hours so that students can practice as much as they want. Students are encouraged to arrive at the start of proctor hours, but staying for the full 2 hours is not required.
Select Mondays 6:00pm-8:00pm
Select Wednesdays 3:30-5:30pm
Sign Up Below!
Print Lab: Open Hours / Appointment Booking
The Hive’s Print Lab “Open“ hours are for students who have gone through the necessary training via our Skill Shares and/or Proctor Hours and have proven their knowledge of the methods and procedures dictated by the Print Lab. Students will have to complete a Print Lab ID (which you can pick up at the Hive) by demonstrating all the necessary steps to independently complete a screen printing project.
During Open Lab students are able to work on their projects without proctored supervision for certain blocks of time. Students are can reserve the space in multiple 30 minute time blocks up to the time they anticipate using the space. These students are responsible for leaving the Print Lab in a condition better than they found it.
- The student must have a completed Print Lab ID and have final approval from a Print Lab Proctor (Margaret Kraus or Skylar Masuda) or Hive Post Bac (Wing-Yee Law)
- You may burn up to 3 screens during an open hour session (we want to make sure others will have screens too!)
- Coat as many screens as you used during your session before you leave.
- Clean up after yourself or Print Lab access will be revoked for a year.
- You may bring up to 1 friend who has not been approved for open hours and you are responsible for anything that happens during your session
- If you want to save a screen (up to 2 weeks), label in tape on the screen your name and the date the screen was burned. You may have up to 2 screens saved at a time.
- Any screen that is burned must be cleaned after two weeks.
Wednesday: Skill Share or Proctor Hours
Sign Up Below!