Sound Box Proctor Hours + Open Hours
This Spring, Soundbox Skill Shares will run from 6:30-8:30pm on Tuesday nights.
- February 21
- March 21
- April 11
- April 25
Proctor Hours will happen on select Wednesdays and Fridays during the semester. Dates below!
Wednesdays (4:00-6:00 pm):
- March 1
- March 22
- April 5
- April 19
Fridays (6:30-8:30 pm):
- February 17
- March 3
- March 24
- April 7
- April 21
Sign up for Proctor Hours here!
The Hive’s Sound Box “open“ hours are for students who have gone through the necessary training via our Skill Shares and/or Proctored Hours and have proven their knowledge of the methods and procedures dictated by the Sound Box.
During open hours students are able to work on their projects without proctored supervision for certain blocks of time. Students are allowed to reserve the space in 30 minute time blocks. These students are responsible for leaving the Sound Box in a condition better than they found it.
Soundbox reservation times are default open sessions (people who want to come in and create are welcome to do so). If you would like a private session, please indicate that in your description.
- The student must have approval from the Sound Box Proctors Ian Beck and Reese Rosebeck or from Post-Bac Associate, Olivia Hewitt
- Leave the space in better condition than when you found it
- Use the equipment responsibly
- Don’t blow out the speakers and turn them off when switching outputs
- Carry microphones with both hands
- Put everything back in its place after using it
- Do not use the Sound Box when there is an event or class in Studio 1
- When you check in for a session, show your appointment confirmation and student ID to a student staff member to let you into the space
- Use the digital equipment responsibly and save and close your project before leaving the space
- None of the equipment is available for rental
- Please do not eat in the Sound Box
- MacBook Desktop Computer
- 2 Lamps
- 2 Studio Monitors (speakers)
- 3 microphones, 2 mic stands
- Audio interface
- Midi keyboard, Drum Pad, and other fun instruments!
- Necessary adapters, chords, plugs
- Foam for Audio Treatment
- Comfortable Seating
- Whiteboard for Brainstorming and organizing
- Hard drives
Please visit the full list of Sound Box Guidelines and Policies here.